Sami’s gluten free photo-shoot cookies!
It’s great to be on a photo-shoot doing the job you love with a great team, but my goodness its hungry work!
It’s essential when doing any work to keep your energy levels up, but one of my all-time pet peeves is heavy doughy pizza or carb filled pasta at lunch time, it makes me really sluggish in the afternoon, certainly not the best state to be in for creating massive hair on gorgeous girls!
I have found (through much testing) that salads or sushi are the best option for munch time, they are delicious and keep you going, and they are both super healthy meals to have That said we all crave sweet instant energy foods like sweets and cake, so I came up with a less carb intensive version of my very favourite treat, chocolate chip cookies!
For my fabulous gluten free treats you will need –
- 150g Ground almonds
- 100g Rolled porridge oats
- 200g Round rice
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- 260g Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 330g Packed light-brown sugar
- 200g Granulated sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 Bar of dark chocolate smashed to pieces
- 200g Toasted pine nuts.
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C, and line a baking tray with grease proof baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the ground rice, salt and almonds, combine well.
- Mix your dry ingredients into the wet a tablespoonful at a time with the mixer on a medium speed (or your arm!)
- Add the smashed chocolate and pine nuts
- Drop a tablespoon of mixture onto the pre-lined baking sheet; make sure there is 2 inches in between each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes and then let them cool on the tray for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
This recipe will make about thirty cookies, plenty for you and all of your friends. Enjoy!